Class of 2020
Seniors! You did it! We are so proud of you and your accomplishments!
Virtual Graduation Ceremony Information *STUDENT ACTION NEEDED
Timeline for the Remainder of the School Year
- Release date for the Senior Awards (Convocation) video presentation.
- If you DO NOT want to participate in West Potomac's virtual graduation, please email email@example.com by June 2nd.
June 4 (9am - 5pm): Diploma Distribution and Senior Laptop/Textbook Drop Off
- Your graduation tote bag will include your cap and gown/tassel, graduation program, any service cords or honor stoles and medals, new senior t-shirt, diploma cover, diploma and final transcript.
- It will be a driving (or walking if you can’t come in a car) procession through the front loop and senior parking lot (stay in your cars or 6 ft apart as social distancing rules will still apply).
**We are planning a celebration that is West Po/Wolverine Nation specific! Decorate your cars, decorate yourselves and get ready for some celebrating WPHS Class of 2020 style!
Please see the map for traffic flow. Follow the schedule to help with traffic flow. You are able to have more than one graduate to a vehicle and may come during any of the alpha time slots that match the last name of at least one of the graduates.
Abdi-----------Batten 9-10 am
Beckett-------Davis 10-11 am
Dawitt---------Funez Euceda 11-12 pm
Gaetjen-------Jackson 12-1 pm
Jaimes--------Masood 1-2 pm
Mata Molina------Oelshchlager 2-3 pm
Offee----------Ryan 3-4 pm
June 11: Virtual Graduation Submissions DUE
June 8 - 12 and June 15 ( 9 am - 4 pm): Individual Photo Opportunity
This process was developed based on current data and guidance from the Fairfax County Health Department and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). It includes specific practices for social distancing and steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We ask for everyone’s cooperation to make sure all seniors and their families have a safe and enjoyable experience during their scheduled time. The photo op event will be hosted outside. It will be facilitated in an expedited drive-thru fashion (5 minutes per student) over multiple days (June 8-12 and 15th). A West Potomac backdrop will be provided in front of the school. Graduates (dressed in cap and gown) and their families will remain in their vehicle until it is time to be called to the set-up area. All photographs must be taken within a 5-minute time frame to allow for seamless transition to the next student. Graduates and their family who choose to walk to the school will be accommodated.
Diplomas and covers will be distributed at the Senior Celebration on June 4th. Please bring your diploma for this photo opportunity.
We will be reaching out to provide more detail about scheduling a time for your family and more logistics for your photo opportunity. At this time we need to gage interest in your taking a photo.
Please complete this form IF you will attend the photo op event.
Health and Safety Requirements:
We will follow all health guidelines as provided by the Health Department.
- Students and family members (in one vehicle) will have a health survey completed by a staff member on the scheduled day of their photo op.
- Social distancing of 6 feet or more will be maintained at all times.
- Photo-op will last no more than 5 minutes.
- Per CDC guidelines, students and family members will wear facial masks until the time that they have their photo taken.
- Per CDC guidelines, there will be no more than 10 persons total permitted at the photo location including FCPS staff.
- Persons over the age of 65 will not be permitted at the photo op UNLESS they are currently residing within the student’s household.
Staff members (1-2) will be present at the informal photo opportunity. For the safety of our graduates, families and staff will not be able to shake hands or engage in physical interaction. A professional photographer will be available to take a photo of graduates/families. Families will be able to order photos and purchase through the photographer at a later date.
June 30 (11am): Virtual Graduation/Senior Celebration LIVE on Apple 21
You will be uploading pictures/video selfies/messages to the production company’s platform and templates which will be compiled and edited into a celebration video. That video, once completed, will be streamed live on June 30th at 11 am on Apple 21. You will also get a copy sent to you as a keepsake and to share with your friends and family. You will receive an email directly from the production company to you fcpsschools.net account.
We have reduced all senior dues to $60. If you paid the full $100 already, you will receive a $40 refund. Refunds will take some time to process, but they will be credited back to you in the form in which you paid. Most adjustments will be made through MySchoolBucks to your credit card. If you paid cash/check you will receive a check refund in the mail at some point this summer. The adjusted senior dues include the following:
- Cap/Gown/Tassel $22
- Diploma Cover and Seals $6
- Graduation Program (5 copies/student) $5
- Fall- T-Shirt/Donut Breakfast/Chick fil A $17 (this cost was from earlier in the yr)
- Spring T-Shirt : $10
The virtual video graduation will be paid for by FCPS ($9/student) and cords, medals, stoles will be paid for by West Potomac.
You will also be able to see any obligations that you have to settle in your MySchoolBucks account. You must settle all obligations prior to picking up your graduation belongings. If you need to pay by cash or check, for your obligations and or your senior dues, you can bring it with you on the pick up day (see info in the next paragraph). If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please email Mr. Johnson @email