Class of 2022
Class of 2022 Schoology Page
- Seniors, get latest updates by visiting the Class of 2022 Schoology page located under the Student Services Course, Folder - Class of 2022, Folder - Class Activities and Updates
May 23 - May 27:
Regular schedule for all seniors, no half - days
- Tuesday, May 24: Periods 2 & 4 Culminating Activity
- Wednesday, May 25: Periods 1 & 5 Culminating Activity
- Thursday, May 26: Periods 6 & 8 Culminating Activity
- Friday, May 27: Period 7 Culminating Activity
- May 23-25 Senior Laptop Collection in Room 131 ALL DAY
- May 26 & 27 Senior Laptop Collection in Aux Gym 9am - 1pm
- Before you turn in your laptop
- REMOVE all personal stickers from your laptop.
- Wind the wires on your laptop power cord.
- NOTE: If you do NOT have your charger, be prepared to pay via MySchoolBucks or $23 (exact cash)
- Backup all files to your google drive.
- Before you turn in your laptop
May 27: Last Day for Seniors
- Period 7 - Senior Culminating Activity
- All laptops must be returned to room 131
- All dues and financial obligations must be paid before receiving cap and gown. Pay online at myschoolbucks.com
May 31: No School for Seniors – Pick up Cap and Gown from the cafeteria Last Names (A – Koj)
Cap and Gown Distribution (3:30 – 6 pm)– Cafeteria - Last Names (A – Koj)
- 3:30 – 4:00 pm – Creighton/Arroyo – A - Bar
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm – Moore – Bas - Cn
- 4:30 - 5:00 pm – Bush – Co - Fj
- 5:00 - 5:30 pm – Shapiro – Fl - Hep
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm – O’Connor – Heq – Koj
June 1: No School for Seniors - Pick up Cap and Gown from the cafeteria Last Names (Kok – Z)
Cap and Gown Distribution (3:30 – 6 pm) - Cafeteria – Last Names (Kok – Z)
- 3:30 - 4:00 pm – Bluestein – Kok - McG
- 4:00 – 4:30 pm – Brewer – McH - Ore
- 4:30 – 5:00 pm – Yoon – Orf - Rodd
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm – Piechoski – Rode - Tav
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm – Dixon – Taw – Z
- 9:00 am - 11:00 am - Senior Awards Ceremony (Convocation), Springbank Auditorium
- 11:30 am - Graduation Practice (*required), West Potomac Stadium
- 1:00 pm - Senior Tailgate, West Potomac Stadium
- 2:00 pm - Final Cap and Gown Distribution
June 2 – 9:00 am - Senior Awards Ceremony (Convocation) at Springbank Auditorium
This award ceremony will recognize seniors for their academic achievement. Invitations will be sent to seniors receiving awards. Parents are invited to attend; however, parking will be extremely limited.
June 3: Graduation Ceremony - 9am, West Potomac High School: Dietze Stadium
- Each senior will receive six (6) tickets for the graduation ceremony. All guests over 1 year old must have a ticket to enter the stadium. On-site security will not permit guests without tickets to enter the venue. Tickets will be distributed with the cap and gown.
- Due to the lack of donated tickets, no extra tickets are available.
- Friends and family who are not able to attend will still be able to watch the ceremony, as we will be live streaming the ceremony. The live streaming will be available through a specific link that will be activated and shared with the graduates and their families prior to the event.
- Plan accordingly and be prepared for traffic congestion on Quander Rd. The ceremony will start promptly at 9 am.
- In the effort to provide additional parking for graduation, effective June 3, 2022 between 8 am to 1 pm, the FCPD Traffic Enforcement Division will temporarily lift parking restrictions following streets: Oak Dr., Fleming St., Cavalier Dr.
- If you park your vehicle on any of the streets mentioned above, please remove it by 1:00 pm to avoid being ticketed.
- The following restrictions will still apply:
- Parking Not allowed within 10 feet of driveways
- Parking Not allowed on sidewalks
- Parking Not allowed within 15 feet of fire hydrants
- Parking Not allowed with 30 feet of stop signs
- Parking Not allowed in or within 20 feet of the intersections
- Parking in travel/turn lanes/bike lanes is prohibited
- Parking Not allowed in or within 20 feet of designated crosswalk
- Designated accessible parking space is available only with valid accessible license plate or displayed placard issues by DMV.
- Those arriving on campus for parking must follow all directions of Fairfax County Police, WPHS Security and Parking Volunteers.
- We are offering satellite parking (listed below). Shuttles will begin at 7:45 am. The last shuttle will depart at approximately 8:30 am.
- Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church, 8009 Fort Hunt Rd, Alexandria, VA 22308
- Carl Sandburg Middle School, 8428 Fort Hunt Rd, Alexandria, VA 22308
- Mount Vernon Recreation Center, 2017 Belle View Blvd, Alexandria, VA 22307
Handicapped Parking and Accommodations
- Hearing impaired and Wheelchair accommodations will be available at the stadium. To request your accommodations please email Dina Dooley at @email to indicate the number of handicap/special seats needed. A special designation will be on your graduation ticket. Deadline is May 27.
Weather Updates and Information
- In the event of poor weather, a decision will be made either at 10 pm on Thursday, June 2 or 5:30 am Friday, June 3. In the even of a change due to weather, an eNotifiy email will be sent directly to all graduates, information will be posted on Twitter and a News You Choose message will be sent.
- The rain date is Saturday, June 4 at 9 am. If it rains on Saturday, June 4, the graduation ceremony will occur in West Potomac Gym.
- A professional photographer will photograph each graduate as they receive their diploma. Within 7-10 days of the ceremony, each graduate will be contacted via email with a link to an online photo gallery to view and order pictures
- $50 pay on myschoolbucks.com by May 13. These funds will cover the Cap and Gown, Diploma Covers, and Senior Shirts and Activities.
WP Class of 2022 Signs – Celebrate your Senior
- The cost is $20. To purchase: https://westpotomacptsa.memberhub.com/store
- Questions: Shauna Hamilton at @email. Pick-up details will be provided after your order is received. Stakes are provided with the purchase of the signs to display in the yard or signs can be hung indoors using some command tape.
- Class of '22 Facebook page: Created as an additional platform by a Senior parent to assist other Senior parents get connected to ask a question, provide an answer, https://www.facebook.com/groups/wposeniors22/