College & Career Center
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The College & Career Center is located next to the cafeteria in room 332.
The College & Career Center offers:
- Information on colleges and universities in the US and abroad
- Over 100 college admissions visits each year
- Test prep for PSAT, SAT, ACT, ASVAB, etc.
- Strategies to make the college exploration and application process less stressful
- Leads on internships and apprenticeships
- Information on financial aid, scholarships and how to pay for college
- Information on gap year programs and summer enrichment programs
- Information on military careers, service academies, and ROTC scholarships
- FINANCIAL AID----West Potomac High School has a NEW Financial Aid Champion Available to assist in completing the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile!!! Katrina Rowsey (email@example.com), is available to meet with students and parents/guardians throughout the year in the College & Career Center.
The West Potomac High School CEEB Code is 470026
Military Career Information
College Visits and Events
Juniors and Seniors are eligible to attend college visit presentations given by the admissions representative from a particular college or university. These sessions are approximately 30 minutes and are held in the College & Career Center, unless another location is specified.
Students who would like to attend a presentation should:
1. Login in to Blackboard, click on Family Connection, click on College tab then click on College Visits. Sign up for the colleges in which you are interested. Once you receive the confirmation message, please print that page. 2. Get permission and signature from your teacher at least 24 hours in advance of the visit for the class you will miss. You are responsible for any missed assignments. 3. Bring the signed confirmation page with you to the presentation. You will not be allowed in without one. Attendance will be taken.
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Financial Aid Champion, Katrina Rowsey (firstname.lastname@example.org), is available to meet with students and parents/guardians throughout the year in the College & Career Center to assist in completing the 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the CSS Profile.