Summer Residential Governor's Schools (SRGS)
The Summer Residential Governor's Schools (SRGS) are month-long residential programs for current year tenth- and eleventh-grade gifted students in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Governor's School Overview
2023 Virginia Summer Residential Governor’s School (SRGS)
The Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) offers the opportunity for 10th and 11th grade students to apply to attend summer residential Governor’s schools in academics and Visual and Performing Arts (VPA). Students who are accepted into one of the programs will live in residence halls in one of the state colleges in VA for four weeks in the June - late July timeframe. To learn more about SRGS opportunities and the application process, visit the VDOE website and view the promotional video.
To be considered for an academic or VPA Governor’s school, students must complete the steps below.
- Complete the interest form linked below for either Academics or VPA. The form is a required part of the application process and is due November 11th. No late entries will be accepted. When completing the form, enter a personal email address and do NOT use an fcpsschools.net email address. VDOE cannot send communications to the fcpsschools.net domain.
- Attend our school interest meeting which will take place during all lunch blocks on Monday, 11/7/22 & Wednesday 11/9/22 in the College & Career Center. Attendance at the meeting is optional but strongly encouraged.
- Complete the application for the specific program you wish to apply to and return to Mr. Shapiro or Ms. Bluestein in Student Services (students may only apply to one program).
- Completed Academic applications and recommendations are due to the school on December 16, 2022
- VPA applications and recommendations are due to the school on January 31, 2023
Any questions related to Governor’s school please contact:
Michael Shapiro Stephanie Bluestein