New Student Registration
Para ver esta página en español, haga clic en el botón azul español en español que se encuentra arriba.
Welcome to West Potomac High School!
We're excited to welcome our newest Wolverines!
We are a school in Fairfax County, Virginia.
New students fall into one of two registration categories:
- Students who are new to West Potomac High School and are not currently enrolled in another school in FCPS.
- Students who are new to West Potomac High School and who are currently enrolled in FCPS, but not a rising 9th-grade student who previously attended Sandburg Middle School as an 8th-grade student. Rising 9th-grade students who attended Sandburg Middle School as an 8th-grade student do not need to enroll. The records are automatically transferred to West Potomac High School.
To join West Potomac High School, determine if your student lives in our boundary by viewing the FCPS boundary locator.
Enrolling parent, if your student does live in the West Potomac HS boundary and does meet one of the two categories above, please fill out the new student registration intake form below. This form will be submitted to Leslie Dorsey, our school registrar, who will be able to assist you with the new student registration process.
- Students looking for information on registering for a West Potomac Academy course should visit the West Potomac Academy course registration page.
If you have already begun the new student registration process with the school in a different way, there is no need to submit this form. Please submit this form in English.
New Student Registration Forms
Student families wishing to register a student with a home language other than or in addition to English should please contact the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center. Here professionals may assess your student's English language skill and/or educational level. These assessments can provide valuable information to the local school and support your child's instructional needs.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Student Registration Welcome Center webpage.
Special registration situations can include nonparent registrations, situations involving divorced or separated parents, homelessness, foster care, and foreign exchange students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Special Registration Situations webpage.
FCPS welcomes responsive and collaborative communication and partnerships with the parents and families of our students.
- Learn more by visiting the FCPS Military Registration webpage.