AP Testing Information
2021 AP Exam Information and Updates
This school year, students will take their AP exams either in person (using a paper/pencil format) or at-home (digitally), depending on the course. Please see West Potomac’s AP Exam Schedule (below) to view exam dates, times, and test formats for students. AP teachers will communicate with students regarding the exam format and how to prepare for the AP exams in their specific course(s). Students taking digital exams may use their FCPS issued laptops or personal desktop/laptop computers (smartphones/Ipads/personal chromebooks may not be used for 2021 digital AP testing). Instructions on how to prepare for at-home digital exams will be provided at a later date. AP exam information will be communicated to students via FCPS Gmail accounts. Students should check their FCPS Gmail accounts frequently for exam updates and information.
West Potomac HS AP Exam Schedule
AP Exam Cancellation Information
We understand that during this challenging school year, students may want to cancel their AP exam. Students are able to cancel an AP exam this school year without penalty.
- If a student is scheduled to take an AP exam and wishes to cancel, the student should notify the school AP Testing coordinator (using the Exam Schedule Acknowledgement form below) by March 24th to request cancellation. Students who paid for an exam in MySchoolBucks and wish to cancel will also need to complete the Refund Request Form by May 3rd to request a refund be processed. (Students must fill out the form using their FCPS Google account.)
AP Exam Schedule Acknowledgement Form
All AP students at West Potomac must complete the AP Exam Schedule Acknowledgement Form by March 24th. (Students must fill out the form using their FCPS Google account.) By completing the form, students are verifying their exam dates, test format and intention to test. Students who need to request alternative testing arrangements or cancel an exam, may do so using the form. Alternative testing arrangements requests will be considered for the following students:
- Virtual students who are scheduled to take a paper math or science test in school, may request a digital (at-home) exam during Administration 3 in June.
- Students who are scheduled to take a digital exam at home, who do not have adequate testing space, may request to take the exam digitally (in-person) at West Potomac.
- Students who have two exams on the same day AND time may request to take one exam digitally (at-home) during Administration 3 in June.
- Students who have extended time accommodations with two tests on the same day may request to take one exam digitally (at home) during Administration 3 in June.
Please Note: AP World Language exams MUST be taken in person. There is not a digital exam option for these courses.
AP Exam Transportation Requests
Students who require bus transportation to one or more of their in-person exams should fill out the AP Exam Transportation Request Form below by April 28th. (Students must fill out the form using their FCPS Google account.)
AP Exam Frequently Asked Questions
For more information about the 2021 AP exams, reference Frequently Asked Questions regarding AP Testing on the FCPS 2021 AP/IB Testing webpage. For West Potomac specific questions, please contact West Potomac’s AP Testing Coordinator at @email.