9th Grade and New Student Orientation
9th Grade and New Student Orientation -All 9th graders and new students should plan to attend!
- While all bus routes will not be running, we want to ensure students who do not have a ride to school in the morning can still access Orientation. As a result, students who need transportation to West Potomac for Orientation can report to the closest elementary school or 7949 Jana Lee Ave. Buses will arrive at 7949 Jana Lee Ave at 7:20am and elementary schools (Belle View, Bucknell, Fort Hunt, Groveton, Hollin Meadows, Hybla Valley, Stratford Landing, and Waynewood) at 7:40am. Students should remember their morning bus number so they catch the same one home at 12pm! Bus drop off at the site you were picked up at will be approximately 12:30pm.
Start Time/Where to Report at 8:10am
- 9th Grade and New Student (Grades 10-12) Orientation will begin August 20 at 8:10am and conclude at 12pm. This event is for students. Parents who are interested to walk campus are welcome during the Wolverine Welcome.
- All 10-12th grade new students should report to the library upon arriving for Orientation.
- All 9th Graders will report to their Advisory at the start of Orientation (listed as 3rd period on their schedule). Those students on the StudentVue app can access their 3rd period location beginning 6am on August 20 (the day of Orientation). 3rd period Advisory locations will also be posted the morning of orientation in the main lobby (inside door 1) for students who do not have the app. We will have many student leaders in the building to help everyone find their correct location!
Plan for the day
- Students will receive a full copy of their schedule during their Advisory period at the start of the day. After advisory, students will go through a mini schedule where they will be able to find all their classes and meet their teachers.
- After Students visit each of their classes, they will then finish the day with a short assembly in the gym.
Campus Traffic Loop
- Driving your child to campus on August 20 and not familiar with our traffic loop? Take a moment to review the map located here: https://westpotomachs.fcps.edu/resources/kiss-and-ride