Credit Recovery Academy Summer School
West Potomac Summer Learning Opportunities
Below is an overview of the learning opportunities for West Potomac students this summer:
Credit Recovery Academy Summer School (Bryant High School)
- The Credit Recovery Academy provides an opportunity for students to recover one high school course credit per session. Students may not take these courses for new course credit. Students are eligible to enroll in a Credit Recovery Academy course if they have previously received a grade of F/NM. However, students who have passed Algebra 1 may take the Credit Recovery Academy course to improve their understanding and skills before the next school year. No additional course credit will be awarded to these students. Due to construction on campus this summer, West Potomac Credit Recovery will be held at Bryant High School.
- Transportation will be provided from Janna Le Ave & Tamarind St., Hollin Meadows Elementary, Groveton Elementary, Stratford Elementary, Waynewood Elementary, Fort Hunt Elementary, Sandburg Middle, and West Potomac HS. Transportation information will come to your email after you have registered.
- The Credit Recovery Academy is free.
- On Monday, June 14, the West Potomac Student Services Department will be hosting an Open House to assist students and parents in registering for Credit Recovery Summer School Classes. A representative will be available from 7:30AM-10:00AM and 3:30PM-6:00PM in West Potomac High School’s library to assist with registration.
If you do not need assistance in applying, please click here to register.
***When registering for Credit Recovery, after selecting the course, families should select “Bryant High School.”
Credit Recovery Summer School (Session 1 June 28, 2021 - July 16 2021)
English: English 9, English 9 for ELs, English 11, English 11 for ELs, Writing Workkeys Test Prep
ESOL: English Language Development, ESOL Numeracy, ESOL Literacy
Math: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, AFDA, Algebra I SOL Test Prep, Math Readiness, Numeracy Essentials, Pre-Algebra for ELs
Science: Active Physics for ELs, Biology SOL Test Prep, Geosystems
Social Studies: Government for ELs, World History and Geography 1, VA/US Government
Health and PE: Health and PE 9
Credit Recovery Summer School (Session 2 July 21, 2021- August 6, 2021)
Career and Technical Education: Economics and Personal Finance
English: English 10, English 10 for ELs, English 11, English 11 for ELs, English 12, Reading WorkKeys Test Prep
ESOL: English Language Development (ELD), ESOL Numeracy, ESOL Literacy
Health and Physical Education: Health and PE 10
Mathematics: Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Algebra Functions Data Analysis, Geometry SOL Test Prep, Math Readiness, Numeracy Essentials, Pre-Algebra for ELs
Science: Biology, Chemistry, Geosystems
Social Studies: World History and Geography 2, VA/US History
Continuity of Learning for English Learners
- English Language Learners have the opportunity to sign up for an ESOL Language and Literacy Course as well as some specific credit recovery opportunities for EL Courses. Please visit this link to learn more about the various opportunities (https://www.fcps.edu/academics/summer-learning/english-speakers-other-languages-esol)
New Learning Opportunities
- FCPS Students can access one new credit course each summer through the FCPS Online Campus. To review classes available as well as dates, cost and registration information, please visit this link (https://www.fcps.edu/academics/summer-learning/online-programs)
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s school counselor.